Having a fitness goal requires you to constantly track your progress. If you are on a bulk or cut tracking your weight becomes a daily ritual. But the question arises when is the best time to take weigh yourself? Is it the morning or evening? If you have any such questions, you are in the right place. Today, we are here to tell you the best time to weigh yourself and why.
According to fitness experts, the best time to weigh yourself is every morningafter you finish your morning rituals. That reason for that is because your weight fluctuates throughout the day usually every time you eat and drink or go to the bathroom.
You may noticea slight increase in weight every time you have a meal and a slight drop in weight every time you jog or have an intense workout session
Weighing yourself any other time of the day will never provide an accurate reading. But when you wake up in the morning your body was at its stationary position. No work done, no calories consumption or anything. So, it is the best time to weigh yourself and track your progress.
Hence, weighing yourself at the same time daily would give you more accurate results.
Therefore, set a time and weigh yourself every morning after your morning rituals and follow this at the same time, every day.
Dos and Don’ts of the taking weight.
- While taking your weight, please wear as little clothing as possible.
- Ensure that you have placed your scale on the hard and even surface. The scale should also not be placed above the carpet. If the scale is wobbly or is titled a bit, you would not get an accurate reading.
- While standing on the weight scale, stand still and distribute your weight evenly on both feet.
- If you are using the body fat scale or a BMI scale, do not wear socks.
- Avoid taking measurements immediately after each meal, vigorous exercise, bath, sauna, or consuming a large amount of water.
Hope you find this article useful. In case you need any further assistance or clarification please ping us below on messenger.